gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
06-15-2016, 10:54 PM
teach me gently how to breathe
Solveiga was happy to hear that her wishes were not silly after all; Jendai thought it would be nice to take a jewel along too. She mentioned wolves with necklaces that must have held such treasures, and the sand colored woman looked over with widened eyes. "Well I envy them, then," she said with a little laugh. "I wonder how one would go about collecting these at all. They seem pretty stuck to me." She pawed at a cluster of them just to confirm her suspicions. Indeed, they were immovable, part of the cave wall itself. She eventually shrugged a little and gave up on the idea, turning to her friend to hear what her response to the favorite color question would be.

It turned out to be green, because the color brought thoughts of her mother to mind. It may have been one of the most sentimental things Solveiga had heard from her new friend so far, and it brought a gentle smile to her lips. "Green is beautiful," she agreed. Solveiga was then asked what her favorite color was, and she had to pause for a moment to think. "Hmm," she looked up at the wall of jewels and tried to see if any sparked memories for her like they did for Jendai. And, actually, they did. Her eyes landed on a scattered group of brilliant red jewels, and she stared at them almost blissfully for a moment. "I think it's red," she whispered. "Definitely red. On the island, where I grew up," Solveiga began, looking at the silvery woman beside her. "there were these birds. Macaws, I think they were called. They had a rainbow of feathers, but the majority of them were red, and they were so beautiful. I don't think I've seen anything so incredible since." Except now, perhaps, she had. These jewels were just as vibrant and gorgeous as the feathers of the macaws she loved so much. Now she wished more than ever that she could take one with her, to serve as a reminder of home, and of her happy childhood.