gems
size
Other species
build
-
player
keanai
06-19-2016, 12:00 AM
Amaranthe nodded to his words. That sounded like an... unfortunate situation. Certainly would be a tiring last few weeks, if he had to chase his father halfway across a continent. And even so, out of worry, since he didn't know the status of his brothers. But why did the father run all the way across the continent? Hmm. Well, several wolves she encountered that were sick seemed almost delusional, clearly sick, and still were moving. Likely, that was why. Satisfied with that logic, she responded to Angelus. "That does sound difficult," she agreed. "And if it makes you feel any better, if your brothers look like you or were of your size, I've seen no corpses - nor sick wolves - of either. I've been a lot of places, and while I haven't seen every wolf, I'm pretty sure I might have at least glimpsed them." Okay, maybe that was a bit cocky... but not wholly inaccurate. She did travel a lot, and she go through some of the most populated areas of the sick wolves, and it just struck her as likely that if they died, she'd probably run into them unless they went straight north.

It wasn't a topic she concerned herself with, however. They were not her brothers, and even if they were, they'd be capable of fending for themselves. That was her species' way, though there were some groups, and of course if someone was in need no one would hesitate to assist. But so long as one insisted on independence - like her siblings - she would leave them very well alone unless they direly needed assistance, or requested it. Wolves were different, though. They were group creatures, pack creatures, through and through. Whoever they gathered as their family they stuck with, for better or worse. They didn't have the tendency to travel from those they chose as their family, their group. That was alright for Amaranthe; after all, it wasn't exactly her species.

She purred in amusement as Angelus responded to her inquiry, nodding. She knew it. Of course that was what he was curious of! And truly, it was humorous. She grinned up at the wolf, tail flicking to and fro. "Well... yes, and no," she admitted. "If I were to charge recklessly into the first wolf I saw and exuberantly greet them... yeah no, that'd be stupid. But with caution, a moderate friendliness, and having an escape route, it's quite easy to approach and interact with bigger predators. Plus, most predators do not see a creature such as myself much a threat. And truly, we aren't. True, given the advantage of surprise and luck, I could probably fight a wolf. But without the advantage of surprise? No way, unless out of complete luck. And even then, I'd likely be super injured." She hoped that made sense; it made sense in her brain, anyways.

Since Jaelle is Amaranthe's precious jingle-friend, she is allowed into any of Amaranthe's threads, regardless of how it is marked.