ardent

Welcome to the Hotel California :]

Eria

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 11:36 PM
She had watched with bated breath when Pontifex began to hit the ice. Her attention had become focused, all other thoughts were pushed to the side and into a box somewhere in her mind. The sounds that came from his weight hitting the ice, the cracks that found their ways across the glassy surface, were all absorbed in her ears. Once Pontifex broke through and water splashed across his paws and the air above the small pond, her small line of focusing became broad again. It had happened: the water had been set free and the surface was broken.
Eria rose from her haunches and softly padded towards the scene. She gave a glance to Pontifex and nodded thankfully, muttering, "Yes, it is," before she lowered her head to the open gap. Her mouth met the cold water and the freezing temperatures sent shivers across her body. Goosebumps rose over her skin, making her fur stand on end as she began to lap it up. Her tongue ran across the surface of the water, which freely moved as she drank and drank. The dry nature of her throat ceased as she continued to drink, not thinking about anything but getting enough for her satisfation.
Finally, Eria had enough. She raised her head, water dripping from her chin and the fur around her mouth. Her head turned towards Pontifex and she gave a wet grin, which spread the width of her dripping fur and its droplets across the cave floor. "Thank you, Pontifex. That was the best drink I have had in a long time." She couldn't help but reach out and nuzzle his cheek in gratitude after that. It was a wet nuzzle and she drew back when she realized he probably wouldn't like water across his face. "I believe it's your turn, if you want some. There's plenty, from the looks of it...and I don't need anymore right now."