Naudir

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-08-2016, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 08:09 PM by Naudir.)
ooc: navigation submerged woods

dark mists are cloaking what the eyes can see

Naudir screamed and bolted upright, her vision blurred as the blood pounded through her head and she could swear she heard the drums of the gods fade off into the air as she returned to consciousness.  Panting she lay there for a moment barely aware that Branwen, the white crow, was fluttering at her feet.  “Naudir?”  Swallowing and shaking her head she replied.  “I’m fine Branwen… just a weird dream.”  She quickly exited her den and set about walking.  The graceful crow flew alongside her like a ghost in the night.  “Was it… a portent?”  Naudir shrugged.  She never really knew what to think of her dreams, at least not without talking to Runa.  If their visions spoke of a similar message then she might consider it a portent but she wouldn’t know until the morning.  One who saw visions in the day.  One who saw visions in the night.  They really were an odd pair and yet she felt that Runa had a greater connection to the gods and so she didn’t want to worry to much over her dreams but lately there had been some rather odd… coincidences.

“You should take it more seriously, Naudir.  Visions are not something to trifle with.”  Naudir jumped as the large black raven, Balthazaar landed near her.   “Of course Zaar, I’m sorry.  I just…. I need a moment to collect myself.  I feel like I should be moving, I need to walk.  Will you two accompany me?” The birds nodded and flew up to sit upon her shoulders.  Naudir enjoyed walking, enjoyed the movement and it’s ability to bring her mind and body back together, to key in her focus.  Though… tonight her mind still wandered.

The moon was full and bright and the girl was walking with her head down, until suddenly she froze, her hackles raised as it looked down into a collection of pine trees.  It was as though she was standing on top of them and staring down and watching their trunks disappear into inky blackness.  It was then she realized she was standing on a frozen lake of some kind.  Where the hel had she just wandered to?