Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
07-18-2016, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2016, 01:49 PM by Bright Moon.)
Ebony-tipped tail swished as the small, willowy woman strolled the lands, making her way to the falls for which this territory had been named. She had grown accustomed to this place now, glad to call it home. Normally she didn't adjust to change very well, and it had taken her time to stop roaming the hot springs and accept the falls instead. Now that she knew her way around, she was quite enjoying it. It was a beautiful place, with the trees and the plants blooming strongly, and the prey animals chattering throughout the forest. With the mild winter and warm early spring, it was looking like it would be an abundant year for all. No one would go hungry. The wolves would thrive.

But as she approached the roaring falls and seated herself by the water, enjoying the mist that lightly coated her silver fur, she found herself surprised to be here at all. Despite the beauty of it all, and her successful adjustment to Sunset Falls, she knew she'd be itching to run away soon. She was surprised she hadn't left already to be on her own during this delicate time. The springtime always made her nervous, as her body went through changes and attracted unwanted attention. But maybe this season she would stay home, maybe it would be safer, if she could just quell her racing heart and uneasy thoughts. She knew it would be safer to stay in familiar territory, but her fears reasoned that she must remain isolated to avoid trouble, and how was she to be by herself if at any moment she might run into a packmate? And yet running from pack lands had always gotten her into frightening predicaments.

Breathing deeply in the mist coming off the water, she tried to steady herself, to keep herself from fleeing. Not this time, she told herself, silver eyes closing, I won't run away this time. I can't be afraid anymore.
[Image: zeB2pXm.png]