size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
08-14-2016, 10:46 PM

It was pretty cool that he had somewhat seen the woman before him grow up. While he hadn't known her since she was a child, she had been young when she had joined his ranks. Or so it seemed, she had done a lot of growing up while she had been here. He didn't know too much about her past, nor was he about to ask her for her life story. From what he had picked up on though, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. And now here she stood, returning his kind gesture with her own. Bass really and truly smiled at her, no hesitation in the motion. It was perhaps the first time that he had smiled so wide. But it was nice to talk to Karabela, she seemed very worried about him and his well abouts. It had been a long time since someone asked how he was doing, and really asked, not just taking his casual 'I'm fine' as a real answer. He felt like an old man, but special at the same time. Like kids these days really cared about their elders. Bass chuckled inwardly at his thoughts, he wasn't even that old. Sure as hell felt like it though.

Raba asked a real hard question, asking if he could really focus on bettering himself and a pack at the same time. For most of his life he had had Abaven, it was hard to imagine his life without it. But because he was alpha, he was restricted as well. It was harder to do things for himself, or to even go out and wander like he had before. It had been a long time since he had gone on an adventure, he hadn't even set paw in Auster yet, although Motif had told him stories. At the thought of his dear sister, a sharp claw dug into his heart. He hadn't seen her for so long, and he missed her terribly. But he couldn't just leave and disappear for awhile, not again, not without a second in command. Bass fell silent for a moment, a heavy sigh leaving her lips. Maybe she was right. Maybe there was no way that he could improve his mood while trying to bring his pack up from the ashes. She then spoke of their lives being like season, and he nodded slowly. "Your mother sounded like a wise woman. I see now where you get that from," he said softly, a tender smile on his lips.

When the tables turned towards her, her demeanor changed to be more stoic. He frowned softly, he wished that he had been around more to make himself known to her, offering her a shoulder to lean on and a listening ear. But apparently she was doing better now, and he nodded his head again. That was good, but he still wished that he had been able to be there for her. Is that not what an alpha is supposed to do? That was always part of their job, to care for their members and make sure they are happy and emotionally fit. But he had failed in yet another department. He thought back to what she had said about his split attention, and the idea of just focusing on himself was becoming more and more appealing. His brows raised as he watched her mood shift yet again, this time a hungry fire burning in her eyes. Before she spoke, he knew what she was going to say. He remembered that look, he had had the same one that churned hungrily in him when he started Abaven. And then they slowly spilled from her maw, saying that she wanted to earn her place and that she was destined for greater things. Bass' smile returned to his maw, and he looked rather fondly on the girl. She was wise beyond her years, and this seemed to be something that she had been sitting on for a little while now. She was ready, and perhaps even more set for this job than he was. With all that said, a slow idea formed in his mind. He was growing weary of Abaven, and he had a feeling that the world was tired of this pack as well. Time and time again it had fallen, and this time he just wasn't feeling the drive to pick it back up. But standing before him, on four very capable legs, was a young woman with so much fuel and energy, all geared towards one day ruling her own kingdom. "Well, that day may come sooner than you thing," he said softly. He looked around him, the crowd mostly gone, a world-weary sigh leaving his lips. "It's plain to see that I am no longer geared towards being the alpha that this pack needs, and that all the wolves here deserve. But you are. I have not been blind to your ambitions, the training and the patroling. You were made for this life, Karabela Thyre. What would you say if I gave Abaven to you, with the freedom to bend it into whatever you desire. Members can choose to stay or leave, depending on what you create, but I have no doubt that you will have enough followers to warrant these three territories. You can move them even, make this all your own," his words were soft, his body relaxing the more he spoke. The sound of retirement was sweet, time to relax, go find his siblings, and spend more quality time with his kids. "I don't know what my own children will decide, but if you want me, I will stay in your ranks. I could be the wise old man you came to advice for," Bass chuckled, his tail thumping on the earth beside him. Of course he would have to talk to his kids, and his dear friends that called Abaven their home. "I would have to speak to a few wolves, I did at one point ask for Lark to be my heir. If he wants Abaven, he will have claim over you. But he has shown no interest as of late, and if not, I can see that this is something you yearn for. I would be more than happy to give you the world you so deserve."

"SPEAK!"

Art by Evelyn