Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
08-15-2016, 07:54 PM
Before he'd met Esarosa, Steel hadn't known it was possible to be so happy. To love someone so openly, and without abandon - and to have that love returned just as thoroughly. It made his stomach twist into uncomfortably pleasant knots, made his head spin and his heart soar. He wasn't the type to find joy in much, but with Esarosa? He could find nothing but. He let out a gentle chuckle as the water sprayed on her face and she shook it away easily. Oh, this was what all his struggles had been for - he would do it all again tenfold to get here. All the pain and the heartache, all the lonely nights and the heavy weight of loss that had weighed down on him.

He could turn it all around, now. He was turning it around. They were starting a family. Nothing could stop the feeling of elation that filled his heart now. Steel snorted as he felt cool water splash against his face, inhaling some of it by mistake and coughing lightly. It did nothing to shake his mood, and he shook his head side to side before opening his eyes to peer at her.

The water fight didn't last for long. Before he could do anything else, as he stood there paddling in the shallows, she began showering him with affection, which he did nothing to fight against. Another chuckle left his lips as she watched him, his teeth revealed as he grinned wide.  "I don't know why," he admitted, not wanting her to pity him, but he really honestly didn't fully understand it.  "But I love you too. So much." Pulling back from her slightly, he moved his paws until he found a more shallow area to stand, so he could get a better look at her.  "What will we name them?" The question came quickly, and his eyes sparkled as he looked at her - it was a valid question, if not a bit sudden.