gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
08-26-2016, 01:28 AM

He noticed the way that she faced him with eerie accuracy, but he supposed it made sense - she'd had her entire life to practice this, to make due with the senses she had. As she made a comment about Nox, he turned to the snow leopard as it let out a low rumble, as though to agree with Armai's statement. He chuckled lowly, nodding to the feline - he was glad that the blind healer had such a companion. What a useful relationship to have with a different species. He'd never seen the purpose or the value in befriending foreign animals before, but interest sparked in him as he quickly examined Nox before looking back to Armai. Perhaps he would benefit from a companion such as that. But where would he find one? And of what species? Pushing that thought to the back of his mind for later, he perked attentively to his ex-pack mate.

A low hum sounded in his throat as she spoke of Riv. He was definitely having a hard time, and he had lost a lot. Certainly a wolf of his age did not have the coping mechanisms to deal with the stress appropriately. Even a more mature wolf would struggle with such loss. The man's wife was likely to sever the bond, his pack had been disbanded by force, and he'd been humiliated in front of a large crowd. Xephyris grimaced at the thought. He would definitely need to check in on Riv, make sure he was alright, as much as he could be. He needed to make a recovery and get back on his paws. "I'll have to go see him," he murmured, a light sigh escaping him, "Perhaps I can... I don't know. I'll just talk to him, make sure he eats and keeps up his strength." He'd have to improvise when the time came, because he didn't know just how bad Riv's emotional state was. He'd try to talk some sense to the man, but there might be nothing right now to convince the ex-Alpha that things would be okay.

Tail flipping from one side to the other, he tilted his head as he regarded Armai. "So, what about you?" he began to ask, "When Riv is well again... what will you do?" He wondered where she would go, if she didn't decide to stay here. Did she have family anywhere? Had she been in touch with anyone else? If he could get a good idea of what her plans were, if anything, perhaps he could convince her to join him, as long as all the loose ends around here were tied up. He wasn't sure who else would follow him, but he would have to seek out every potential candidate individually to assess their interest. For now, he waited to hear what Armai would say, ears flicking with interest.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: bHJYJQZ.png]