gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-01-2016, 04:33 PM
The anticipation was killing him. Every second, every moment was a season to him. Every breath was one hundred; everything was just way too long as he waited for his father to arrive. He smelled the scent of Abaven clear as day; Raba in particular was strong, he could tell, and several other wolves. Strange, to realize that the scent was so clear to him. Before, he didn't even notice the smell of the pack, but now it is clear. That just reminded him of how long he'd been gone, and how no trace of Abaven remained on him.

It wasn't long, though it felt like it, before his father arrived. And there he was - tall, powerful... and stone-faced. He felt his heart drop through his stomach. He was angry, wasn't he? He wouldn't be forgiven. Lark must've been wrong - he shouldn't have called Bass; he should have known better! The fear warred inside him, and he swallowed heavily, his heart in his eyes (and stomach) as he simply looked at Bass with an almost hopeless expression.

Then Bass spoke. The tone was so opposite of what Bass' posture, it was... it was his father speaking. Not the alpha that currently held Bass up. It gave him hope, hope to fight back that panic and fear and e tried beating it down ruthlessly, though whispers of it still infected his mind. "F-Father." Curse his stutter; why won't it fully go away now? He was so long without it - and now, here it was again. With Lark, with now his father... He wasn't sure why it was there every time he became scared, nervous. "I've c-come home, i-if you'll h-have me," he whispered quietly. He had everything planned. Apology, permission to come home, explaining and realizing is mistakes, but all that flew out the window. Now he was just a boy, standing in front of his father.

"Speech"