Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
09-19-2016, 05:31 PM
He didn't know why he didn't want Karabela to have Abaven, or why he felt Tinaro might make a better leader. It hit him suddenly that he'd spoken without thinking, and he knew Bass would ask him to justify his words. His father had always been an analytical man and he shouldn't have expected to get away without clarifying what he meant. The current topic was stressful to him, and in a way he wished they hadn't brought it up at all.  It was difficult enough to bring up Wren; she'd been a fine mother when they were young, but her abandonment had tainted his picture of her, perhaps permanently. His brows furrowed in careful thought as his thoughts rolled like a storm, tumultuous and uneasy.

"I'm just.. not ready," he reiterated, carefully, not wanting his father to think he might not someday be ready for such a thing. Someday, he would be proud to rule a pack. "Maybe someday, but not yet." Lark had always been a proud man, and it stung to admit he wasn't ready - it felt strangely like defeat. He wanted to make his father as proud as he could. Would leadership make him more proud, he couldn't help but wonder? He grimaced silently at the thought that he might be less of a man without accepting his father's offer to rule, but he knew he couldn't take over, not with such heavy doubt weighing on his heart.

He mostly ignored his father's comment about grandchildren. Maybe, someday, that might happen - it wasn't in his mind in the near future.

The question about why Karabela wasn't fit though made him cringe again, visibly this time, at his own statement. "She's not.. unfit," he admitted, feeling cautious again as he eyed Bass before averting his gaze to something in the distance. "Tinaro just feels more like family to me than her." He'd known him longer, since they were little more than children, and something about it make him seem so much more fit for leadership. Still, he didn't feel it was really his decision, and he'd offer a slow shrug in response. "Something about it just feels more.. right to me. I don't know. Either way, I'm sticking with you and our family, no matter what happens."