size
Medium
build
Light
player
Evelyn

Famous
10-16-2016, 11:18 PM

Jaelle had regretted the words as soon as they left her mouth. She didn't want to complicate anything with Xephyris, she really enjoyed his company and didn't want things to be awkward between them. It would be a lie to say that her feelings took a pause at friendship, but just how far things went was something that she couldn't really express. It was all her damn heat's fault, it was bringing up emotions that she didn't want to deal with. She wasn't known to be tied down to anything, a mate wasn't something she was setting out to look for. Sex? Perhaps. It was like a burning need in her gut, making her feel ragged and not quite herself. She hadn't even meant to put him in the position that he currently was, and in her paused position she shifted slightly. When she walked away it was because she wanted to keep her paws moving to stop herself from doing something she would regret. Getting close to him would do things to her, she knew that. Jae really didn't want to crash their already sinking ship, he meant too much to her for that. The female wished she could take back her words, but as she spun towards him he finally broke his silence. Her ears pinned tightly against her head and she swallowed hard to stop the whine from slipping free. He stuttered on his words and she quickly shook her head back and forth. "No Xeph, stop... It's okay I... I shouldn't have said anything," she said, leaning over to brush her nose against her cheek. She was startled at the shock that ran through her body, and the monochrome woman reeled backwards. Her breath came out in a sharp gasp, her blue and brown eyes shifting over to met his blue flecked ones. She was so close to him, a warm blush heating up her cheeks. She was thrown off by just how much more she wanted to touch him, her stomach twitching into a tight knot.

Clearing her throat, she slowly and forcefully pulled herself away from him. Her mouth opened like she was going to say something, but instead she snapped it shut and turned her head back to the trees. A longing sigh passed through her mouth, and she made her way to the base of an oak that was leaning heavily against another. Some of their branches had merged together, twisting around each other to become one single limb. Raising up on her hind legs, she peered up at the branch and rested her front paws on the bark of the tree. Finally she allowed herself to look at Xeph, lifting a single paw off the oak as she looked over her shoulder at him. Her lifted leg bent, the sunbeams dappling her gray coat. Blinking slowly, a small, tender smile spread across her lips. "You'll always be my silver knight. I will forever be thankful to you for what you did, risking yourself getting ill just to save me. I'm so grateful to have you as a companion, even if you are a huge pain in the ass you grumpy butt," Jaelle let out a soft laugh, lowering herself from the merged trees to take a few steps towards the gray man. "I'm just a little uhh... emotional you could say," her breath came out a little faster as she stepped towards him, and she longed to bury her head in his coat. But would she be ready with what would come if that were to ever happen? She would be lying to say she didn't want it, that she didn't want him. Emotions were just a very... fickle thing to the gypsy. Her whole troupe had gone and vanished, and she had to be okay with being alone. And now the idea of being with someone in that way was unappealing, as much fun as that moment would be. But it was different with Xephyris, HE was different.

It was growing harder and harder for her to keep a single train of thought going. She gave up and sat in a flourish, every bell that adorned her body singing out in reply. She gave up on trying to sort through things, so she just slowly shook her head. Jaelle didn't know where to go from here, or if she wanted to keep exploring these woods. Being here with him was enough, but when they were through would be go back to someone else? As much as she hated thinking of a ball and chain, she wasn't too fond with the idea of sharing. Why would she waste so much time and effort on someone if they just went to find another to warm their bed? She was unsure... usually something like this would be right up her alley. But love? No, kinship perhaps. Friendship with a curiosity for more. But that was always the problem with her, wasn't it? She was far too curious for her own good.

"SPEAK"

Art by Pimsri

Unless otherwise stated, Giet (Goat the stoat) is always with Jaelle. He is grumpy and mean, and may not always say nice things.