gems
size
build
player
06-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Name:
Mi Amor de los Lobos {My love of wolves [in Spanish!!] ♥}

Description:
Discovered long ago, by a group of Spanish Conquistadors, this island is littered with golden wolf statues and artifacts. It was abandoned long ago though, and hasn't seen humans since it's missing Spanish tenants. This island was also never discovered by any of the humans that lived in the old barn on Alacritis, since the journey is a treacherous swim though large waves and piles of sharp stones. A flimsy human boat would never survive. Although if you study the pathway to the island enough you will realize that all of the sharp stones that dot the sea are within jumping distance of each other. You might get a few scratches along the way, but the journey is worth it.

Mi Amor is a nice, tropical island to the East of Alacritis. If you ever journey their from the main island you will realize that it's a very easy island to navigate. If you take the journey by swimming or hopping from rock to rock you will reach a sandy beach first. The sand is usually cool, due to the shade of large mountains to the east, but on a hot day you'll want to keep your paws off of it. If you make your way to the Eastern side of the island you will find yourself drawing nearer to the tall, daunting mountain range. And if you sneak a quick peek at the top of the highest mountain you will spot El guardi?n del dormir, or the Guardian of Sleep. Shaped like a sleeping wolf, this huge brute is constantly keeping an eye on the island and the wolves on it. Legend says that he keeps away the nightmares, helps the nervous wolves fall asleep faster, and keeps everyone safe while they sleep. Even though that's only an ancient legend, I do believe the wolf of stone helps keep everyone minds at ease. When you reach the base of the guardian's tall home you will realize that even the strongest of wolves cannot reach him from this place on the eastern shore. The mountain below him is a sheer cliff, dotted with ragged stones and dead trees. If you do wish to visit El guardi?n del dormir, you must follow the mountain range to the northwestern side of the island. As you go the mountains will shrink in size and climbable ones will become visible. When you reach the northwest coast a well-worn pathway will take you up and into the mountains. But I'm warning you, even though the home of the snoozing wolf is a great vantage point, the journey is even more dangerous than the one through the sea.

At the heart of the island there is a large, golden-coated temple, built by the long-gone Conquistadors. The huge monument is covered in wonderful, detailed, and very beautiful wolf statues. If you venture inside, through the large, grand doors, you will find yourself in a golden room. At the very back there's a shining throne, fit for the liking of a lovable pack alpha. There is more wonderful things in this temple, but the only other thing I will tell you about is the stairs leading into the darkness. Behind a cascade of what must once have been very lovely curtains lies a mysterious stairway. Nobody knows where it leads or what it leads to, for no wolf I know has ever had the guts to follow them and be swallowed by the darkness that shadows most of the stairway from view. That is all I will tell you about the temple.

Covering the island is a lush forest of tropical plants and trees. As you go south the forest gets thicker and turns into a very populated rain forest. The rain forest is filled with snakes, frogs, sloths, and many more tropical animals. There is even rumor of big cats prowling around at night. Also the island offers a wide array of fruits for the not so meat-crazed wolves.

From above the island resembles the shape of a lopsided heart. With the bottom point pointing towards the west and Alacritis. Near the point on the island where the two curves of the heart meet is where El guardi?n del dormir rests. And as I said before, the temple is at the very heart of this wolf heart. Those three landmarks will keep you knowing where you are, and I promise getting lost isn't a very easy thing to do. I sure hope you enjoy visiting Mi Amor de los Lobos, and have fun exploring!

{Whew typing that detailed beast took awhile, but I think I'm satisfied with my long description. Ha, so much for 4-5 sentences! What do you guys think???}