gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Evelyn
10-19-2016, 02:34 PM

He shook his head when she said that he held a lot of fear. No, it wasn't fear that controlled his life. "Not fear, caute, caution. The wolves here are all new to me, and unlike those at home," he said slowly, chewing over the words as they left his maw. He needed to be careful around strangers here, and since she had reacted to them appearing in such anger it wasn't out of character to seem afraid. She had surprised him, that was for sure. He wasn't a coward, or that much of one, but he knew not to get himself into stupid situations. He dipped his head when she gave her name as well, her last name holding no meaning to him. Since coming to these lands he hadn't met too many wolves, mainly keeping to himself and his garden. Falling silent once more, he allowed the silence to spread between the two of them. Ollie was never good at keeping up a conversation, and was more than socially awkward. Tearing his gaze away from her, his blue eyes looked up at the doves in the trees around them. He did feel bad that they had interrupted her hunt, even if she hadn't dealt with it in the most gracious ways.

Clearing his throat, he peered back down at Fortune. "Would you like to hunt? I could help, since Cedar scared away your last columba, dove," It was only fair, right? While it hadn't been him himself that scared the bird away, it didn't mean that he couldn't help. The jackal was his brother after all, and while he was a bit more... emotional than the wolf he still meant well. Perhaps a hunt would do him good, it wasn't his best skill by far. Learning from someone might help him out for when he was on his own, he couldn't always rely on his smaller brother. Oleander could only sustain himself on rodents for so long, it was hard to take down anything larger when he was on his own. Bird wasn't exactly his meal of choice, but he wasn't just thinking about himself here. Tipping his head to the side, he waited to see when the female would decide. If she said no, there was nothing else here for him.

"OLLIE SPEAKS" -- "CEDAR SPEAKS"

Oleander speaks Latin, but is fluent in English. Cedar is a black backed jackal and is always with Ollie unless otherwise stated.