ardent

breakfast

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
10-22-2016, 12:54 PM
The brave had figured it too early to stick her head in and say hello. That, and it wasn't like she knew Creed or the pups very well. Hell, she didn't know anyone very well. Fortune had taken to herself, mostly, and the little time she was able to spend with Faite when her cousin wasn't busy. The creature knew it probably wasn't the best practice, but she really didn't know what to do with herself otherwise. She was overall uncertain that she was going to be needed when it came to social matters. While okay in general with their handling (despite maybe not being the best when she felt as if she'd been put at a disadvantage), she still had a lot to learn. No, she'd spent most of her time hunting and making sure everyone was taken care of.

But someone was calling out for her, a little voice. Oh jeeze. The ducks would have to wait, especially as Fortune turned and made her way back toward the child. Fortune isn't as graceful when she's out of her hunting situations. A little more clunky, and a little sore in the shoulder from where the great bird had put up a fight. It was okay, an occupational hazard. Almost made her feel accomplished, actually. Something fantastic about the way the girl covered ground, though. Like there was power in her bones. In her muscles. She'd put on muscle weight since being here, since stepping up, since taking control of her situation.

Fortune's tail wagged right back at the child, chest puffed out slightly as he asked about the bird. "I did bring the bird, figured you guys would like some breakfast." And then he's talking a mile a minute. That was the great thing about kids-- they lead the conversation, all you had to do was answer their questions and they'd be reasonably happy. "That's a trumpeter swan. See, look here at his face. His beak is black, and there's a black triangle that comes to a point ending at his eye. Other swans have different faces." Fortune moves the prey animal's head so the pup can see more easily, nose running across the bird's markings. Patience. Always patience.

"I'm Fortune, I lead the hunts for our pack." And she'd been the only one, lately, hunting. Best introduce herself so he didn't think she was a stranger. That would be ideal.

fortune
shock & awe