Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
10-31-2016, 08:35 AM
Though they'd discussed this day for awhile, it still came more quickly than he could've anticipated. Slowly their little balls of fluff became actual pups - their eyes opened, they began to walk upright, and speak. His heart couldn't be more full of joy. Steel, the wolf that had hardly been able to stand anyone's company once, was a father now. And he loved every second of it. He watched as the children roused from sleep, rolling and flopping against the dirt. It was a cool day, but a lovely one nonetheless - and they knew they couldn't keep them inside forever, no matter how hard they tried, or for how long they put it off. It was time, and he knew.

It didn't stop the nervousness from creeping into his belly, like a thousand restless butterflies swarming around frantically. 'Are you ready?' Esarosa would ask, and Steel would turn to eye her. She was almost perfectly recovered from the birth now, and beautiful as ever. The man grinned at her, nodding hesitantly. "Not really," he admitted quietly, though with a soft laugh. "But I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I think." It was nerve-wracking to know they'd be outside, wandering around, within eyesight but still more on their own as they had ever been. Luckily there wasn't much to get into here in the forest; he thought back to the brief time he'd lived in that pack by the sea, though he was young then, he figured being near the ocean was more dangerous. Pups could easily go for a swim and get caught in the waves, whereas in the forest there was much less trouble to get into. "They'll be fine, my love," he murmured, half to reassure himself, and half to reassure her. He leaned toward her, nuzzling into the fur of her neck lightly before pulling back and eyeing the pups.

He was slightly on-edge as they led the children to the den's entrance, and Esarosa explained everything. Stay close, come when called, yell if they needed them or got lost. They couldn't get too lost but that didn't stop him from feeling anxious still at their first taste of freedom. He eyed Esarosa as she looked at him, but said nothing - she was good at words, unlike him, and she'd said it all perfectly. "Have fun," he'd add as a final note, knowing they would do just that - have fun. They were too young to think about the dangers that lay out there and for now, he was happy to let them bask in their innocent and blissfulness, watching as Jade started to head outside, seeming as wary as he and his mate both felt.