gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Xolan
11-12-2016, 06:59 PM
I never considered myself one to run away. I never considered myself one to flee in the face of hardships. But... Here I was. I had ran. I had ran, and ran, and ran some more. My awkward three-beat gait carrying me much further than ever before. I had leapt into the welcoming waves of the ocean and I had swam until my body gave out. Which, because I was missing a crucial propeller, was not long.

And here I was. Waterlogged and exhausted on the shores of an unknown river. Tongue lolled out of my mouth, head raised slowly, and I blinked rapidly to clear my eyes of invading water and sand. With a groan and a muted sigh, I gathered my front end, collecting my paws beneath me and hoisting my small body into a sitting position. With the way my back ached, I knew better than to stand just yet; my hips would just give out, and I couldnt risk looking entirely weak to any enemies or predators that might be lurking about.

Head swung slowly, knotted muscles in my neck making surveying the alien territory that much harder. Well...at least the sun was warm on my soaked fur, which hung in damp strands, threatening to matte up into tangles.

I let out a long breath, before finally mustering the strength to stand. With a soft whimper, my lone right hind thrust my rump into a standing position. A little shakey, but hey, at least I was standing. I squinted into the sky; Where could I possibly be?