gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Xolan
11-13-2016, 11:54 AM
To say that I ached would be a massive understatement. How long had I been in the water, at the mercy of the currents? How had I not died? At least I was dry now. I could go the rest of my life without ever touching water again.
I found myself laying on the bank of a lake, clear of the water, but letting my body sink into the soft earth of the shore. I could feel the remaining salt and sand nestling into my skin; I would need a bath. Gross. More water.
Tail curled expertly to cover my nub of a leg, to obscure the view from any creatures that might be lurking, but the truth was, godzilla could sneak up on me right now. I was so lost in my own head that I was dead to the world.
How had I ended up here? How had I survived? I didnt deserve it. I didnt deserve anything. A cowardly wolf who ran from her problems, from her children. I sucked in a long breath, intercostal muscles of my ribcage protesting the expansion. Well, I had made my bed, and now it was time to lie in it. I was never one to plant roots in any place... it only made sense that my time with my family and my love had come to a horrible, firey end. It was an endless cycle that I as doomed to repeat for the rest of eternity.
Skull lowered slowly, chin resting on my forepaws; my ears flicked idly, but I still was not truly listening for anything. Gaze was fixated on the sunlight reflecting off the surface of the water; shimmering, glittering. Slowly my eyes unfocused, and lids fluttered shut; not anywhere near sleep, but finally relaxing enough that my entire body didnt shake from exhaustion.