gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Evelyn
11-13-2016, 01:02 PM

A tender smile spread over his inky lips as the woman sounded out the strange word, testing it out on her tongue. He knew how odd it could be to learn a new language, he was lucky that he had grown up with parents who spoke both. They often mixed Latin words in with the more common tongue, a habit that he had picked up on. He did miss speaking it so much, but it wasn't like he never used it. Cedar spoke it as well, but Fortune was also not the first to ask to learn it a bit. "Bene factum, well done!" he said with a small laugh, feeling a lot more at ease around the paler coated woman. It always brought him joy to teach wolves new things, it affirmed his choice in coming to this odd land. Knowledge was such a powerful thing, sharing it was just as easy as learning things. His tail swished behind him, falling silent as he mulled over his thoughts. Would she like to learn more, or was one word enough for now? Unable to predict her thoughts, he glanced at the woman once more. "Your name, at least in terms of wealth, is actually the same in Latin as it is in your tongue. Mine changes just slightly, the plant oleander is called Cleander. Very close, ipsum," The gray man chuckled quietly, his head shaking back and forth. There were actually a lot of words that stayed the same in both languages, it was quite surprising and made learning it all that easier.

Fortune turned the conversation back towards him, asking just how much he knew. The man grew slightly sheepish, his teal eyes tearing off of her face and looking at the island around them. "I hunt rodents mostly, never avium, birds," he said slowly, his teeth gritting slightly as he admitted just how lackluster his hunting skills were. Licking at his lips, he risked a peek up at her. Would she be angry by his lack of experience? Did she no longer want to teach him? The fear was not easy to swallow down, but he was able to suppress it from his face.

"OLLIE SPEAKS" -- "CEDAR SPEAKS"

Oleander speaks Latin, but is fluent in English. Cedar is a black backed jackal and is always with Ollie unless otherwise stated.