Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
11-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Orica was quite a lovely woman, that was something he could recognize immediately. He had a soft spot for wolves who were more... physically intimidating, but she had a different sort of strength behind her gaze. She'd said she was a healer. She could likely save him in a variety of different situations, ones in which he might have no idea what to do otherwise - that was a sort of strength, too, in its own way. The ability to cheat death was pretty impressive, and judging by her age she likely knew a thing or two about more serious injuries and illnesses. He watched her for a moment, wondering just what she knew, though since he knew nothing of healing himself the depth of her own knowledge would be lost on him.

She seemed grateful for his information, as little as it was, and he found himself shrugging nonchalantly. It was really nothing, little more than an observation, but it seemed to help her nonetheless. He returned the smile readily, moving to stretch his paws out before him and briefly let his head drop and resting on them. A moment of silence fell over them, not at all uncomfortable, before she spoke again.

It wasn't often he heard he was kind, though he naturally found himself being quite amiable toward most. And even less frequently did anyone question his independent existence.  "Manners come quite naturally to me," he said simply, his head lifting and tusks tilting toward her as he spoke. A chuckle fell from parted lips, in amusement.  "Life is much more fun when you have nothing but joy in your heart, don't you think?" He was selfish at his core, even if it didn't always seem so - he loved attention and loved simply experiencing life, neither which came when you were constantly malicious and ill-willed. Things were simply much more fun when you were pleasant toward those you met, until they made you think otherwise.

"Though, if you want to know the truth," he started, his crimson gaze sparkling with amusement,  "I don't do well following others, nor would I do well leading others. I just like being around them when I want, and choosing to leave them when I want too. I can't imagine I'd react well being told to follow an order, or do something I don't want to do."  He'd lived among family as a boy, though they'd been taught to come and go freely as they pleased. Nobody had made decisions for the group, no more than a parent might guide a child until they were old enough to chose for themselves, and it had been lovely that way. He had even less interest in leading others than he did in being led. He found himself shrugging his wide shoulders again.

"What of you, Orica? You say yourself you are a nomad. Would you give away your freedom if you find this family pack you speak of, or do you not care much whether you are on your own or in a pack?"  He'd always valued his own freedom, though he knew not all others did. He could understand this, even if he could not emphasize with it. His tone was curious, rather than accusing, as he watched her.