gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-06-2016, 10:11 PM

Bring me that horizon.

For once it seemed the Gods were on his side. Encounters like this rarely happen once, never mind twice - it was a marvel he had managed to find Simber across three different continents. She seemed in good spirits, but her body seemed exhausted, tolled by travel and the winters bite. Her eyes however, shone with a similar brilliance as they did when she was Queen. Thats the problem with travels: every time you up and go, you lose bits of yourself. No one cares who you were, what you’ve accomplished, how feared or loved you were; you’re just an outsider to them, and to them, you deserve nothing. With every move he lost a bit of himself, as she did. Their titles grew worn and eventually dissipated, and no one cared to reminisce, as it was too painful to see just how far they have fallen. Every time he tried to build himself back up he would rise just to be torn down again.

“I’m not sure…I left Resia about three weeks ago, just kept running, kept praying. I couldn’t bare to stay there any longer.”

There were so many reasons for this. Resia was a place of promise, and ultimately disappointment and betrayal. It was a place hope was laid to rest, as well as many of his dear friends. It was difficult for him to express this, so much had happened. His eyes narrowed slightly, and he had remembered the kids. Where were they now?

“Where are your children Simber?”

Concern was laced in his voice. Based upon his previous experience he could only think the worst; of how he walked upon the body of the deceased Cedar Timber, of how Galen Foehn was torn to shreds. Both by bears. He hated bears more than anything.