Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
12-17-2016, 11:25 AM

He rushed after her, as fast as he could with the sound of his pounding heart fueling his drive to be free of the tunnel he'd dug. The weight of the snow around them was audibly shifting with their commotion, and for a second Brutus feared that it might collapse on him all together. Could he still dig if the snow swallowed him up, and how long would he be able to breathe? Could he still dig her out if it swallowed her up to, how would he save her?

These were the thoughts racing through his head, so fast they happened in a millisecond- though, luckily their sprint to freedom lasted not much longer than that as well. As Jaelle reached the open part of the tunnel he'd dug in the beginning, his fears started to subside and once he stepped into full light as well, he could breathe again. The sound of the tunnel behind them collapsing filled his ears, the weight of the snow erasing most evidence that the two had ever been struggling back there. The struggle was finally over. They were safe, she was safe.

He stood beside her with his chest heaving and his head hanging, panting with his legs spread apart and his tail hanging freely behind him. He was exhausted, partly from the labor of digging her out and the jog to get out, but mostly because only just then had he realize what the price of his bravery might have been.

'B-br-brutus, r-right?"

His left ear flicked as he lifted his head slightly, blue eyes looking up to the merle woman as she spoke his name. He tried to relax and soften his pant, taking in a long breath of air that inflated his chest and visibly left as he released a heavy sigh. He gave her a nod, confirming his name as he regained his composure. He put his feet together more, lifted his neck so it wasn't hanging and outstretched his tail to be level with his spine. He stood with regained poise and looked her over, ever thankful that she was here in front of him rather than trapped in an icy tomb.

Her next question made him furrow his 'brow dots, his normally soft face gaining just a bit of definition to express his apologies. "I-I'm not sure, I'm sorry. You're the first that I've found. I came up here to study the source of the avalanche and check if we were at risk of further damage, and how long we might have. I think the mountain will be quiet for now, which will give us time to safely check the cove for anyone else that might be trapped." He looked around, his blue gaze squinting over a sea of blinding white in an attempt to look for the woman that had been here before. He imagined she chose to spend her time looking for her own loved ones rather than to dig out a stranger. He didn't understand how anyone could prioritize something like that, it perplexed him. How could someone walk away from another in need? He decided not to voice these thoughts, but instead get back to the matter at hand and remain focused.

"Were you with anyone when it came down?"

cesar may enter any of brutus' threads