capsized by the weight of it all {AW - herb collecting thread}

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
12-20-2016, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2016, 06:04 PM by Ara.)
Faelyn was quiet but observant as Ara spoke, and demonstrated what she meant. She hoped dearly that the girl would take her words to heart, and remember them - she seemed genuinely interested in healing and it was truly a blessing to be able to share her knowledge with the younger woman. She was happy to continue speak, so long as Faelyn wanted to hear more.  She knew it was a lot to take in, but it was a solid starting ground, or so she thought.

Ara examined her as she pulled some of the valerian from the ground. "Now," she started carefully, grinning proudly at Faelyn's effort. "Different plants have different parts that are used. For this one, we can use both the root and the petals of the flower." She tried to keep her explanation short and concise - as easily understood as possible. "I've used it myself to sleep at night. It's a pretty safe choice when used for anything involving.. nerves or restlessness." Some herbs were far harsher than other, and some more dangerous, especially when being used for something so minor.

Note: tried to contact Saz about her post here and she never replied, so I'm going to go ahead and assume she isn't here yet until I hear otherwise, so we can keep going!