ardent

Children of the Gods

Phoenix

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2016, 01:58 PM

The silence only spread between them before she leaned down to nuzzle him, a soft word leaving her lips in yet another language that he couldn't understand. Confused, he pulled back with his fire marked brows pulling together as he gazed up at the embodiment of fire itself. Of course she didn't speak Spanish, it wasn't something that he had been born into. Carletta was their earth bound mother who had raised them, if it had been anyone else they would have known the more common language of these lands. But the accent on her tongue and the way she had said that single word, he knew that it wasn't the language that most spoke here, but something else entirely. It irritated him that there was forever another barrier set up in front of him, it was far too much effort to get over them. Letting out a soft huff, he sat on his rump and eyed the goddess that he was sure was his mother. "You, you my mother, yes? You has been, you are fire in wolf body. Like me. I born from fire, you fire," he muttered, his ears pulling back slightly at the sound of his own voice. He hated sounding like this, it made him feel like others would feel like he was dumb, which he wasn't by any means. Licking at his lips, he fell silent as he looked over her glowing body. Carefully he reached out, caressing the glow with his nose as if to touch the temperature. It bounced off his nose, sparking in front of his eyes like a true fire. There was no doubt that this was who he thought it was, his golden eyes weren't lying to him. Glancing over to her sunny gaze, a small smile curled up on his inky lips. He had found his home, he knew that. He was stronger than Ashelynn and had been the one to make it here, while she struggled to make it in the north. He was the chosen one, something that he had always felt. A rich fire burned at his chest as his nose tipped upwards; this was only confirmation for what he had always felt.

Phoenix brushed his nose across her cheek, if the woman allowed, letting out a soft hum as he did so. Never before had he found someone who was better than him, or more beautiful. That meant she had to be related to him, he didn't get this coat of flames from nothing. "You no speak Spanish, no? I do, earth mother taught us. You speak other, something new to me. But you mother, I know you is. No one else can be, now I see you. You like me, but you real fire," There was a clear note of wonder and awe in his broken speech, his eyes alight with amazement. Phoenix had had no hope of finding where he had come from, but perhaps this woman had all the answers for him. That was, if she even spoke the common tongue. He hoped so, otherwise they would just be stuck here like this. His flame dusted tail curled around him as he nearly shook with excitement, feeling like a whole new path had opened up in front of him. He had thought that he was indestructible before, but now he could feel the power coursing through his veins. With the two of them together, the whole world was at their paws.

"SPEAK!" -- "SPEAK SPANISH"