Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-02-2017, 03:38 PM

She'd search the man's eyes, heart heavy with the emotions that seemed set on taking over again. But not this time. Plenty of time had gone by to allow her to find her composure, something she planned on maintaining through this meeting. What was it that her mother often said... Third try's a charm? Would they be able to keep it together long enough to really get something out of this? She was sure her thoughts were written all over her face and could only hope he was feeling the same.

Even though time had been given, she still felt rushed and unprepared now that she'd finally laid eyes on him again. She'd asked herself what she wanted out of this so many times it made her head hurt to even think about it one more time. All she'd ever come up with was that she needed him to know the truth about what happened, to regain some feeling that he trusted her again. Even though the love had not faded from his eyes, she knew as long as he believed she'd run away it was unlikely she'd feel like her really trusted her.

He moved closer, and his reply sent a soft pang through her chest. Her fragile smile grew ever so slightly, and yet also seemed to be even more precarious on her lips as though it might fall away if pushed by even a slight breeze. Goodness, he was as handsome as ever. This man left her craving his presence simply by being nearby. Unable to hold herself still Caelum trotted a bit faster than she meant to towards him, closing the rest of the distance before forcing herself to take a seat close by before she did something crazy like knocked him over and smothered him with affection. It seemed time and distance only made the heart grow fonder, despite the scars their past had left. With only a slight struggle she managed to limit herself to gently nuzzling his cheek while she closed her blue eyes and enjoyed the moment.

Stepping back the woman took a seat once more, pausing in a moment of uncertainty. Ears flicking back and forth , gaze dropping, she wondered where to begin but only for a second and then the uncertainty was replaced by irritation at her own indecisiveness. She was done worrying and being overwhelmed. Looking back up at the man who captured her heart she spoke up, "I feel the same way. You know... You're it for me Zeph. I could never love anyone like I love you, and I wouldn't want to. And in spite of everything... I don't feel like it's quite over..." Her voice trailed off, laced with nervousness. She didn't know what he wanted anymore. If he wanted her anymore. It was becoming clear to Caelum that what she wanted most was him. In the long time between their second and third meeting the woman forced herself to stop thinking about it, but now her feelings had been reawakened. There was just the matter of recovering from all that had transpired. How long would that take? Did he even want to fix things, or was he blindly stumbling through this like she had been until only moments ago.

"At least... I don't want to give up yet. We lost so much Zeph, I don't want to lose everything if I don't have to"