size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
01-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Who the hell can see forever?

Golden ears flicked forward at the man's exhale. Brandr's head would tilt to the side curiously as he gazed up at the stranger. He could feel the man looking him over as if trying to decide what to do with the younger wolf but Brandr would remain silent and hopeful. His mother would have a fit if she'd seen him talking so easily with a stranger but then… well she'd gone and left him so she didn't really get to boss him around any more.

"With those legs? I'm sure you are a pretty fast lad."

A soft smile cracked Brandr's attempt at being impassive. Really? The man thought he was fast! He could feel a warmth stirring in his gut at the compliment and felt a sudden desire to prove the man right, to show him that he could be fast! Brandr tensed sub-consciously as the man started to move but when he shifted to Brandr's level the boy felt more at ease.

"Let's have you eat what I just caught, and then after I can catch another for myself, Deal?"

Shock blossomed across his face. The man was… giving him the fish? Just… giving it away? He blinked stupidly for a moment before golden eyes narrowed. Was there some sort of catch? He'd never met a wolf that would give anything away for free except his parents. "Really? You mean it?" He continued to gaze at the man and then looked away shyly, embarrassed by the generous offer. "I… thank you. My name is Brandr Scylding, by the way." His gaze shifted from the fish and back to the man as if he still couldn't quite comprehend what was happening. "When you fish, can I watch you?" Maybe he could pick up some tips so he could fish on his own without having to bother anyone.