Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-30-2017, 01:12 PM
The man’s harsh whisper still rung in her ears, and she could feel his breath upon her face. Her body continued to quiver, her breathing still coming in rapid succession. She was so scared, so very scared, especially when the next question came from his mouth. She thought of Yoshi, thought of Riv, and thought of those poor little children. The young girl, though she was three years old now that spring was here still felt so helpless. She wasn’t even aware of her heat…

“I…” Kaitlyn flinched, the man suddenly growling and muttering something. Something she could make out… something… that triggered her mother’s voice again. “So pathetic… look at you, cowering on the ground while he talks to his so called friends like that.” It was at that something moved inside Katie, and the brown girl lifted her body from the ground, narrowing her green eyes playfully as that strange part of her took over. That part of her that was on a path to self destruction.

“You want to know where my home is?” Her tone had changed, taking on a more mature tone, almost teasing too. “I’m afraid that I can’t tell you that easily~” The she wolf’s green eyes looked up into the bicolored hues of the male, her fear having faded for the moment. While this part of Kaitlyn was in control there was no need for such pathetic emotions. “So, I don’t think it’s too fair that you’ve heard my name… but I don’t know yours. Unless you want sweet little Kait to call you Master?” She flashed a toothy grin.

“Although… I’m afraid little Katie had to step out for a moment. You were scaring the poor little thing out of her fur. It was about time someone more on your level came out to play.” The child, thanks to her trauma, had developed the first of a split personality. The voice of her mother was just one sign that something was wrong with her… and now… there was no going back and changing the things that once were. “I suppose you could call me Proxy, Kaitlyn’s… placeholder if you will. Don’t worry… she’ll be back. I can never stay out long.”

It was only now that Proxy named herself. She’d come out before, when Kaitlyn couldn’t handle Ren being banished from the pack. The woman swished her tail thoughtfully, continuing to watch Erebos with some sort of fascination. No, they were definitely different… but in some ways they were similar. Proxy wasn’t necessarily interested in that sort of way either… but more the sort of fascination that came from a child when an adult becomes an idol.

Kaitlyn's current avatar is by Fox on Ardent. Stock is from CastleGraphics on DeviantArt.