06-24-2013, 06:01 PM

Masqurading as a man with a Reason

my Charade is the Event of the Season

though my eyes could see, I still was a blind man

though my mind could think, I still was a mad man

I hear the voices when I'm dreaming

I can hear them say:

~*~

Gargoyle remained seating, calmly watching the girl as she spoke, hesitated, and then spoke again. At some level she was intimidated. Well, good for her, that meant her sixth sense was working well. If she'd known a fraction of the things that Gargoyle had done in his past life, she'd probably have tucked tail and ran. Then again, she had an edge to her gaze... maybe she had seen some things too.

But if Gargoyle had learned anything over the years, it was that just about everyone had something or other to hide. Some dark secret or regret or pain. That was the way of the world. Best thing to do? Find some other damaged wolves and decide that you cared enough to stick together. For all Gargoyle knew, that was how the first pack had been founded. Glaciem was a convent for saints, it was a shelter for sinners. If saints were there too, it just meant that they cared that much.

The she-wolf Eren, spoke of loyalty and of past problems. She delivered her lines bluntly, like she didn't care, but there a pathos in the sad strength of her voice. Or at least that was what a more comtemplative wolf such as Crusade might have thought. All Gargoyle knew was that this wolf had soul, a hurt soul, perhaps, but one that needed a family.

"-I have little experience when it comes to wolves other than my family but, I really really want to learn."

"Well come on then," Gargoyle simply. He raised himself to his paws and angled his head towards home. "I'll give you that chance to learn. There's a lot of good wolves here, Eren, take the time to get the know and them and train amongst them - and I think you could have a worthwhile home here." The words were delivered without flavor or cadence - much the way he had said his first words. There was a strictness to Gargoyle's expressions and speech, but not to his heart. He wanted to see this she-wolf find a place to call her own. And besides, he liked her spirit - she could make a fine Brave with a little training.

~*~
Carry on my Wayward Son

There'll be peace when you are done