gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
02-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Kassander nodded distantly as Karabela and the other warriors left to track down the culprit. His place, he knew, was here with Dagmaer, and it was on her that his entire focus hinged. "No convulsions," he spoke out loud as he examined her, ear pressed against her chest. "Labored breathing. Erratic heart rate. Hm." He pressed a paw against her neck. "Low blood pressure. Signs of vomiting." He nudged her gently with his muzzle. "Dagmaer? Dagmaer I need you to talk to me ok? Dagmaer?" he persisted, to draw her clearly wandering attention. "Ok, Dagmaer, can you tell me what you feel? Sick, yes, I know you are. I'm sorry, I'm trying to help. I just need you to tell me what's wrong. Oh, your head hurts? And throwing up hurts? Do you have any tingling in your face or anything? Tingling, Dagmaer, like little tiny bees buzzing on you." He could add 'giddy and confused' to his list, apparently, judging by the wandering nature of her speech. "Ok - dizzy too. All right, Dag, you rest here now, Qualm and I will get you fixed up ok?"

Kassander scooted out of the den, sending Rommel off with a couple words before turning a grim expression to the other healer. "It's aconite," he told him soberly. "Wolfsbane. There's not a whole lot we can do except treat the symptoms and hope that she didn't get a fatal dose. I sent Rommel back for some charcoal and bitter salt, we'll have to crush it up and make her eat it. Charcoal will hopefully absorb some of the poison, and bitter salt will treat the arrhythmia. I don't really know what else we can do. She's probably got an awful headache but I don't think we can really do much for it with the low blood pressure..." He resisted the urge to scrape at the ground in his anxiety from waiting on Rommel - he knew how important projecting calm all around could be.