gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
03-10-2017, 11:31 PM
I just wanna be by your side
Solveiga waited, her heart beating like the wings of a little hummingbird in her chest. She didn't understand why she was feeling this way simply at the prospect of seeing an old friend again. By all logic, it didn't make sense. Sure, it made sense to feel excited and giddy, but why did she feel nervous? Why did she feel the sudden need to check and make sure her fur looked alright? Why was Regulus different from any other friend she had?

As usual, the little woman pushed all intrusive thoughts aside and focused back in on the present. It was a good practice, and one she had tried to make a habit of lately. The old Solveiga always worried too much, and overthought every tiny thing. She lived too much in her head back then. But not anymore. This new Solveiga tried to live in the moment, take life a day at a time and just go with the flow. It was unnatural, at first. But she was getting used to it. She trusted herself a lot more than she used to.

So when at last Regulus came trotting into view, the petite young woman had successfully taken a deep breath to compose herself. But that didn't mean she was able to avoid the mini heart attack the crimson brute gave her when he swallowed her up in his embrace. Being close to him, wrapped up in his warmth and his comforting scent... what was happening here? Maybe she really would have to address these disturbing thoughts sooner or later.

Her friend looked a little worse for wear, but she could still see that admirable strength and determination shining in his eyes. It made her smile. Whatever he had gone through, he was always strong enough to survive it, to press onward despite everything. Solveiga hadn't done that. She had been weak, and had temporarily given up on the world. But in that time spent away, she discovered strength that she never knew she had. And she still chose to believe that she was all the better for it. So, though she had missed Celestial and her big red friend, she knew that she had made the right choice.

And now, she was ready to come home. "It's good to see you too, Regulus," she said, drawing in a deep breath and letting it out as a sigh of relief. "I missed you... and... and everyone else, of course."

Did Solveiga seriously just giggle like a pup when she said that? She looked down at her own paws, as if that would hide her embarrassment. "Yes, I'm... I'm ready to come home."

With that, she lifted her eyes to his once more, giving her alpha the most confident smile she could manage.