Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
03-13-2017, 10:45 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

They were making good progress. Four paws were definitely better than two in this instance and it was a good thing to because it seemed that the sky was beginning to darken and the sudden drop in temperature had Valdís worrying about storms. She didn't want to be caught out in the open if something nasty were to hit. Valdís paused suddenly as Ásvor mentioned the meaning of her name. She was quite surprised to hear it coming from a stranger, especially as that was such an old part of her history, much of it that was now lost to her. "Yes, yes it does. Well, in the case of my name anyway, sometimes it can mean eagle or hearth but my mother told me I was name for the spirits that visit the dead on the battlefield. The goddess that commands them is supposed to protect me but…" she shrugged. "It's a nice story anyway. What does your name mean?" She felt like she should know but so much of the history and culture of her pack was buried with her past though it was strange that she should find hints of it here in this new land.

"Don't tell me you're some kind of goddess, sent to tempt me.."

Valdís giggled. "Ha! That would be something wouldn't it." She winked at the other girl. "I'm not a goddess, not that I'm aware of anyway." Her ears perked up at the mention of healing. "That's a useful skill." Very useful. Valdís was itching to get into more battles but the one thing stopping her was the possible injuries. She was skilled but not flawless and wounds could dampen her ability to hunt and lead directly to starvation. If she had a pack it would be different…

"I'm just wandering mostly, I do mean to work on my fighting but… well I don't want to get in a spot where I get too hurt to hunt and other than that. I guess… I don't know. I haven't really been doing anything but surviving for a long time now."

She fell quiet and focused back on her digging, the words ringing in her ears and sending anger boiling in her throat. That was really all she had been doing hadn't it? Just surviving. At the mention of the northern lands she nodded. "Yes actually, I like the Red Forest quite a lot. I take it you've been up there?"

A loud crack of thunder shook the sky and Valdís scowled. "Well, I think this is good enough, lets get inside." She slipped quickly in the den, not willing to wait for the rain to start falling.