Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
03-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Could this day get any better? Kai wasn't sure. Not only had he made a new friend -- he hoped, at least -- but he'd also found a hunting partner. His grin widened, pleasure written plainly on his youthful face. "My dad's the only one I've ever hunted with," he admitted after Brandr made a comment about his own father. He supposed hunting with someone else wouldn't be too challenging, just a bit different, and he was happy to learn from someone new.

He nodded in agreement with the older boy's words. "Sounds like a plan," he commented, his voice lowering as he got into the mindset for a hunt. First they would stalk the prey, and scope them out to see if they were up for the challenge. His tail wagged slightly behind his frame as he trailed after Brandr, hunkering down slightly in the underbrush. His own pace slowed considerably, more aware of the sound of his pawsteps as they caught on to the scent. It was faint at first, but grew stronger as they approached, and finally they were able to see the small herd grazing in the distance. The youngest and smallest of them seemed an easy enough target, surely something they could manage. The trick would be pulling it from the rest of the herd.

Kai nodded as Brandr gestured toward the same one he'd been eyeing. He wasn't sure if they'd be able to force the youngest deer away from the others if they both charged at it from the same direction. Surely it would flee in the opposite direction, but if they came from slightly different angles, maybe they could confuse it enough to either stall its attempted escape, or send it running in a better direction. Grabbing hold of Brandr's gaze for a long moment, he veered away from him, aiming to position himself in a wide arc, maintaining a fair distance from the herd. Waiting until he got a signal that Brandr was ready, Kai pushed off with his back legs, sprinting at full speed toward the herd -- in particular, the smaller of them, hoping to send it running closer to Brandr's direction.