Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
03-20-2017, 02:30 PM
It was so much easier to temporarily forget all they had lost. They had built a perfect life together once, a perfect family -- Zephyr had never wanted anything more than to build a life with Caelum and they had worked so hard towards what they had achieved. All it took was a single day to shatter it all into a million irreparable pieces. Their children had been so innocent and pure; he hoped they hadn't suffered, that they had been sleeping during the attack, that they hadn't known fear during their last moments of life. These thoughts came to him more often now that he'd reunited with Caelum, now that he was revisiting so much of his past, but he still tried to keep them at bay. It was painfully hard to not remember but the act of remembering was even worse. In fact, it was torturous. It was just hard to keep those thoughts from his mind when he saw so much of his children in her face. Her features were so similar to Avani's, her eyes mirror images of many of their children.

For now, he would forgot. A grin teased his lips at her playful words, his eyes narrowing slightly. "When you say it that way, you make me sound like some sort of.. deviant," Zephyr jested with a soft snort. He had never been the sort to enjoy following others -- he'd been born with the heart of a leader, and it had flourished once he had met Caelum, who had complemented him so perfectly. For her, though, he would've followed her to the ends of the earth. Even now he wasn't quite sure if there was anywhere he wouldn't follow her to.

He panted as he tried to recover his breath. Though he felt young, running with her, he knew very well he was getting older and the fact that he was already a bit fatigued only proved that to him. It wasn't long at all before he was grinning again, pushing against her to lather her own face in licks. "I've seen you move faster," he admitted playfully, his tail batting gently against the earth. "But you still impress me. Even after all these years." It was hard to fight the warmth welling up inside him at her familiar company, at how easy it was to be with her again. "And I'm still quite handsome, apparently."