Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
04-11-2017, 09:59 AM
Esmee was enjoying her time in the sun on the sands, similar to the blue tinted female in a way. She had traveled here from the north, bringing a small creature in tow accidently. It was a dove from the nearest island that decided to momentarily break away from its huge flock and follow her there. The single dove fluttered down to land on Esmee’s nose with its sharp, tiny talons. The female went slightly crossed eyed in order to observe the bird, and to make a decision about what to do. Technically the wolf and the dove were from two different worlds; one was a predator, and the other was its prey. It would only be natural for Esmee to fling the bird off of her nose and attempt to catch it with her teeth. There was a rumbling deep within her throat, tickling her vocal chords, just threatening to bubble to the surface. But it was not a growl or snarl as one would have expected. It was a low rumble of amusement instead. Esmee did not try to shake the bird off of the bridge her nose and she let it stay there. The alabaster bird chirped in Esmee’s ears far too loudly, singing songs the wolf could not begin to understand, but Esmee was happy. Not all wolves were barbarians that had to eat everything that they came across. Sure, the chocolate female had to eat like everyone else when the time came, and she certainly was not a vegetarian. However, there were times when even natural enemies could exist alongside one another. In a strange way, they needed each other.

Esmee reclined on silken haunches with the bird on her snout, and just watched it skitter over the apex of her head to her scruff, and back again. Usually there was a stolid expression on Esmee’s face, or one that was contained. As the wolf sat there, her expression was mild, but a peaceful one. She knew that this moment would not last forever, so she might as well cherish it. A short duration after that thought crossed her mind, the dove squawked and fluttered its wings in an attempt to take off. It had to return to the place it belonged, and that was Dove Isle, not this one. The wolf obviously had no wings, so their meeting had come to a close. Esmee stood to her paws, walking with the bird to the water before being forced to stop. Her rose gold eyes watched as it flew home, and she felt a twinge of something sad. They were both one and the same, that bird and her. The only difference was that one could freely fly to its comrades, while the other had to make new ones. ‘I hope to see you again someday,’ Esmee thought before turning to walk back up on the sands slowly.

It was only then that Esmee noticed the other female resting on the isle as well. Well now, what a stroke of good luck. One friend flew away, and hopefully another would replace it shortly thereafter. The she-wolf padded closer to Caelum, and gently cleared her throat to get the other’s attention without startling her. Scaring her would be a fine way to start a conversation. Or not.  

OOC - Monster, I thought I would just post Esmee here instead of posting an entirely new thread. But I can start another if you want. ^^

Actions
"Speech"
'Thoughts'