ardent

Advancing Ambitions [Ezekiel]

Newt

gems
size
build
player
06-29-2013, 03:31 AM

It was amusing really, he was indeed so sure of what he was or was it who he was? Confidence was a thing to be admired at times but at others it could be the meaning of death. She shook her fur to release some tension that always seemed to be riding her. If violence wasn?t surrounding her in some manner she felt as if she were withdrawing from an addiction. It was her motivation and her desire for pain to make her feel complete but since the crown had kissed her head she had rarely any time to indulge. Such was responsibility. Putting others before herself and denying her own desires to be met. She was always ever so busy.

Her ears twitched to his words. She couldn?t help the grin that slipped across her muzzle. In truth he was carrion to some but a prize best picked when the worms poked out his eyes. So long as he had talons to claw and a beak to bite he was not worth the effort in hunting to most, but perhaps to come, well challenges were indeed some creature?s ambitions. Her tail flicked as she drew in the aroma that surrounded the fowl. She tasted the air, carefully, calculating, and something caught her attention. So. He wandered the area of Tortuga did he? Interesting indeed.

?Being mindful of what is eaten and what is wasted isn?t the concern of our kind. Filling our belly?s for another day is. We cannot stomach the bones as you can. You?re built for such things and yet what we lack you gain in meals. So perhaps it isn?t so bad?? she said simply, no emotion caught in her voice as she thought of the waste of Sade. She had consumed as much of the queen as she could and stolen prizes that many scavengers would have died to enjoy. She brought it only to let it rot. Such was life. ?You smell of Tortuga. Do you visit them often? It is quite dire times I believe, when kinds are dethroned and queens stand with death in their jaws. Though, who am I to judge when I myself stole the life of the previous queen.? She said with a shrug. Queen slayer, the title would stand by her, haunt her, and she would embrace it. how ironic it was that the pawn should hold and crown when the truth had sat beneath her, staring her in the face with wide eyed resignation. Time would heal, or destruction would follow suit, which ever was fine by her.