Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
07-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Regulus Anatolii Adravendi

Regulus listened with interest to Alarik’s response, nodding gently with a grin. “Very good. Now, I don’t know if your brother told you before I arrived, so I will tell you now. I will test you to see if your skills are good enough to merit you becoming a member of the pack. Since your interest lies in fighting and hunting, I will test you either by sparring with you, and having you try tracking a prey animal, or I will ask you questions about the subjects, a sort of quiz. All wolves will go through this kind of testing.

“Depending on how you do, I will decide whether you join as a ranked wolf, or a Unit member who will need training before rising, or if I must turn you away.” Those fathomless eyes gazed at Alarik as the Archangel continued, though he paused now and then to be sure the boy was listening and absorbing the information. It was the same information he’d given Domari the day he’d joined.

“Celestial is a pack that values hard work, and earning your way up with that hard work, and working together, and I will hold you to your word about wanting to uphold that value, and I hope you back that word up with action.” He gave the boy a slight grin before he continued.

“Upper ranks can be challenged for, save for the ranks of Future, or Heir, and Consort. But—if you choose to challenge for a high rank, you had better be sure you’re doing it for the good of Celestial, and not merely personal gain. And I must be informed beforepaw and be there to witness the challenge. Not doing so means I will have to evict you from the pack. Do you understand?”

Domari’s words in response to his query about being related to the Ebony Queen brought a regretful frown to his face, and he had to nod in agreement with Alarik. “I’m afraid Ebony fell or was disbanded a long time ago. It’s not entirely certain what happened, but it’s not there any longer. I am sorry.” The words were sincere, and if Ebony had still stood in the East, he wouldn’t have blamed the two boys for wanting to join their family members. It was what he might have done if he hadn’t had Celestial. But he couldn’t imagine not living out his life on the plains, where his mother had been born.

So much history had been soaked into the earth.

[Image: T8yHvja.png]