gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ehrgeiz
07-10-2017, 12:40 AM
Again, he smirked, this time at her questioning of his worthiness. He seemed amused by this, but she wasn't sure why. She found herself listening patiently when he explained his viewpoint on what an alpha should be. Clearly, that was what he wanted to be. Okay, didn't sound so bad - rather intriguing actually - but what else was there to it? Why would she be interested in his cause? She'd lived on her own for some time now, and she wasn't sure if she saw the point in changing her lifestyle to fit someone else's goals. Not like she had any plans of her own... her mind silenced as he turned his head to expose his heavy scarring and missing eye. Further intrigued, she looked over his face, wondering what he'd been through to earn that maiming. Before she could ask, he explained himself, and her ears were pressed forward. She shook her head 'no' when he mentioned she wouldn't be on his list for vengeance so long as she wasn't allied with Abaven or Imperium. She really didn't know much about the packs, and she certainly didn't have any ties with them.

As he continued, her facial expressions changed frequently. A quirked brow at his mention of his warriors not needing to know his strength, and vice versa. She grimaced when he mentioned the world loyalty. What was loyalty? Was that really something that would be shared mutually between herself and another? She turned her head away, her eyes burning furiously as she suppressed thoughts of her small, dysfunctional family, whom she now hadn't seen since before her first birthday. Gray ears were still tilted in his direction, listening to his words now simply in hopes that it would occupy her mind, and that it did, thankfully. Talk of raids and sieges, claiming things, taking slaves. She turned back to him, her silvery, emerald-flecked eyes fixating on him. His ideas were interesting,
things she'd never considered before, but that she was not opposed to. Perhaps it could be something for her to do, rather than wasting her time roaming around without a purpose... but she wasn't going to decide just yet.

A slight grin came to her face when he paused. "You have my interest," she informed him,
tail swishing thoughtfully, "But I can't guarantee you anything else." She said nothing more,
falling silent as he turned his blazing golden eye toward her, his gaze settled upon her face. As he spoke, it looked like she wasn't going to get the fight she'd come for today. It bothered her, but she wasn't going to make a scene, so she merely shrugged. Then came a small glimpse into his past,
words that helped her to understand where his scars had come from, and why he refused to fight today. Well, who was she to insist upon it if he was going to stick to his guns? Besides, if she pissed him off, it was clear that he could kill her and do away with her if he felt like it. Not the best route for her to go down.

"Alright, I get it," she said with a sigh and a shrug, letting go of her desire for a fight; at least with him, "Maybe you can show me some moves another time though. I gotta learn somehow... anyways, my name's Saffron. What's yours?" After all, if they went their separate ways, how was she to know who to look for if she didn't at least know his name? She was sure she would mull this over for a while to come, and it might just be something for her to put her energy into.