gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
07-10-2017, 07:06 AM
IF I HAD A HEART I COULD LOVE YOU
It was a strange feeling, wanting to actually impress another wolf, not just for the sake of seeming powerful but just because she wanted Valdís to like her. To be impressed by her, even though she felt remarkably unimpressive right now. She was oblivious to the fact that her friend was just as insecure, feeling the pressure of teaching, rather than the pressure she felt of being taught. Maybe she shouldn't be quite so envious of Valdís's position in Crew, especially if she was willing to teach her things regardless. Still, she told herself she would reunite with her sisters, and at least mention the idea of finding a place to settle, even if only temporarily. She hoped they wouldn't see through her more selfish reasons for wanting to join the pack. While safety in numbers was always a good thing, as well as the possibility of training, she did want to spend more time with Valdís too.

Nodding in understanding, she let her limbs bend slightly, loosening her joints as instructed. Her eyes were curious as she watched Valdís mirror her stance, flicking her tail out behind her in response. It helped with balance - that made sense. Maybe it would've come more naturally to her, had she been less worried about Valdís's eyes on her. Still, she listened and followed her instructions accordingly, deciding in terms of fighting she would probably be more offensive than defensive, too. She did the same with her shoulders, finding it a bit uncomfortable to scrunch up her neck and tuck her shoulders forward but the reasons for doing it made sense.   "Right," she finally spoke in agreement, adding another nod to her words.

She couldn't help but be impressed with the thoroughness of the lesson, however small it might seem. She mirrored what her friend instructed and did, flexing her toes to feel her claws digging into the soil, her ears pinning close to her head and her jaws parting in a mock-snarl, face wrinkling slightly. She couldn't help but let out a faint laugh, though, since she felt a bit silly practicing her defenses in front of someone she knew she'd never actually have to fight. Maybe a practice scuffle, but she had a hard time picturing her really giving it her all - she had no interest in hurting Valdís.   "It's a lot, but I think I'll remember most of it. It's all really useful," Asvor added as her posture relaxed slightly. "Thanks, by the way." She didn't have to teach her anything, even such a detailed lesson, and she really appreciated it. "I can probably offer what little knowledge I have about herbs to you, someday, in return for your help," Asvor offered with a faint shrug as she shook out her coat, shifting out of her defensive stance. She felt bad taking something - even knowledge - without giving something in return; it didn't seem fair to her.

IF I HAD A VOICE I WOULD SING