Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesNorthern ExplorerValentines 2020Critical Fail!
08-26-2017, 11:57 AM
I'd rather be dead than live a lie
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha's ears twitched lightly as the wind shifted, instinctively sifting through the sounds in hopes of useful information. She did not have her heart set on a sheep. Any sort of prey would be welcome at this point though her attempts would vary based on what was available. The wolf named herself as Quill. A curious name that beckoned old memories of an unfortunate encounter with a porcupine. In her younger days Natha was far to ambitious for her own good and a paw full of quills was her first big lesson in humility. Hopefully this encounter with the wolf would go better.

The subtle scent of sheep tickled her nose and her golden gaze turned in the direction from where the wind was carrying the scent. Quill stated that two predators were better than one and Natha smiled. "Agreed. I can't eat an entire sheep by myself and I am happy to share." That was something of a lie. She'd be content to keep the whole thing to herself but in the far north it became difficult to bury and hide prey. She'd be curious to see how a wolf would fare against the agility of the sheep.

Stalking in the direction of the scent she leapt up to a ledge and began the tedious climb, keeping her body low and slinking deftly across the rocky terrain. Soon the prey revealed itself. A small herd of dall sheep resting on a larger ledge a short ways up. Natha watched them for a moment, trying to plan out some sort of strategy. She waited for Quill to join her as she worked out a strategy. The best she could come up with was trying to position herself on the far side of the sheep while Quill could drive them from the other side but it was difficult to predict which way they might scatter.