Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
09-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Seeing her old demeanor return to her was deeply reassuring to him. He still remembered how angry her timidness had made him; how quickly he had felt rage building up inside of him once he'd seen tears streaming down her face. He wasn't sure if he would've reacted the same now, but he didn't have to figure it out -- the easiness with which she delivered the information had caught him by surprise and eased many of his worries.

She retorted that she preferred the word older to old, and he nodded in understanding.  "Whatever helps you sleep at night, my dear," Zephyr teased her lightly, leaning over to nip tenderly at her cheek and then place a loving lick there. Her strength was admirable, and something he had always been quite fond of. It was nice to see her back to normal - things would never be exactly as they were, he knew that now, but even a semblance of familiarity was enough to keep him grounded.

She grew a bit more serious at his question, mirroring his own worries a bit, it seemed.  "Wherever you go is where I will be," he promised her easily.  "Our children, and you, would likely be safest in a pack. So long as this place is somewhere we'd want our children to be?" Perhaps it was his ego, but it was hard to imagine raising children in a pack ran by anyone but themselves, but maybe - just maybe - finding a decent pack might be better than existing as rogues. He was sure they could survive just fine on their own, but Zephyr knew now, especially when their future children were concerned, that there was much more to live than mere survival.

"Talk" "You" Think