Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
10-02-2017, 08:40 PM
What a coincidence that he'd run across someone who quite clearly resembled family, so far from the habitable world. Kai would've assume that she was a Jarvela, yet clearly it was a good guess judging by the language he called out to the stranger in. The truth was that he often used his family's native tongue without realizing it, but this time it had been intentional. More than once he'd been caught singing some simple tune; he was lucky that he'd noticed her before he'd been caught wandering around humming some folk song to himself.

His gaze fixed on her, searching for any sign of recognition in her features. Surely she wouldn't know him, but perhaps his guess wasn't far off. He was pleasantly surprised when she returned his greeting, and his curious expression shifted, lips twisting up in a wide, goofy grin. Interest shone brighter in his silver eyes as he bounded forward, less quickly than he would've liked - knowing that losing his footing could easily send him tumbling down the side of the mountain.

She spoke the common tongue as well, expressing surprise at hearing this tongue so far south. "Nor did I expect to hear it spoken back at me," Kai quipped quickly, amusement bubbling forth in his words. He was even more surprised to catch her name. Kanja Jarvela! She could've been his own sister, judging by her name and appearance, and Kai let out a hearty snort at the realization. "My name is Kai Jarvela. Son of Aki." He didn't always introduce himself by his father's name, but it seemed useful information in this instance. "Who are your parents?" Truthfully, it wouldn't have surprised him terribly if his father had sired more children unknowingly - though one so close to his age seemed unlikely. Still, he didn't bother to hide his wide grin, pleased to meet his kin no matter how they might be related.