Naudir

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-21-2017, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 11:22 AM by Naudir.)

Thor was apparently hard at work.  A flash of lightning and another clanging echo of thunder shook her makeshift den, tucked away in Waterfall Peak.  Her ravens were nestled next to her, one black, one white.  She waited patiently, watching the wind whip and roll through the trees in a roil until at last, there was a period when the sound began to die, just long enough for a howl to reach her ears.  What was this?  Her fur bristled slightly at the call, a males voice who would be starting a pack in the north on old Yfir lands.  Naudir didn't know what to think.  Yfir had been long gone and the north could not lay silent and still forever.  She had toyed with the idea of joining a pack again but none had really caught her eye.  Would this one be different?  Either way it would allow her to keep her den and keep an eye on her mother's old haunts.

"Balthazaar, Branwen, come… let us see what the norns are stirring up this evening."  

"I perish at the mere thought Naudir!  Let us wait til the storm passes.  Any wolf calling for followers in this din and misery is a fool.  Leave him to his own!"

Naudir got to her feet, shaking both ravens to the ground as she shook the debris of her den-lining from her coat.  Balthazaar, the black raven, let out a growling squawk of indignity before flying up to roost on her left shoulder.  Branwen, the white raven, rested on her right. "The storm is passing, Naudir, but I don't know that this is wise," she offered.

Naudir shook her head. "I grow weary of waiting for fate to fold itself sweetly across our shoulders.  You two can stay if you wish but I intend to see who it is that wishes to move in and see if it might present some opportunities for us."  She did not see the ravens glance at one another but it didn't matter, she could tell by the talons gripping into her fur that they would be accompanying her and so she maneuvered her way down the mountainside as the chilling rain fell.  

Naudir enjoyed the sound of the rain though she was ready for the wind to still itself when she finally arrived on the Battlefield, throughly soaked.  She moved like a ghost, a raven at each shoulder as she came upon a small group of wolves.  They were all female, save one, so he had to be the summoner.  "I am Naudir Finnvi, daughter of Katja Finnvi and the all-father, Odin." She stood proud and unflinching as the rainfall increased. "Tell us of yourself, summoner.  What makes you worthy of being followed?"