Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
10-26-2017, 07:18 PM
His face and posture were simply overflowing with excitement; he was, like his father, a bit of an open book when it came to judging his emotions. He'd met a new friend, and an adventure partner, who happened to be family - how could he be anything but overjoyed? After a moment he twisted his head to glance over his shoulder, pleased to find that she was keeping up with him easily. Some of their journey would be made in silence, for he knew how much concentration it took to navigate some of this uneven terrain. It wouldn't be a good first impression to make on his cousin if he ended up hurting himself on this trip; he was used to the usual scrape and bruise but he was pretty sure breaking a bone - or worse - would put a damper on their adventure.

By the time she spoke again, he was breathing heavily, his chest heaving slightly.  "Yep!" Kai answered her quickly, and though his voice was a bit strained now, he still seemed quite exuberant.  "I was born in a pack's lands, if you'd believe that." He glanced sideways at her, grinning his usual toothy grin. If his aunt had been anything at all like his father, he had likely raised Kanja to detest the thought of being under the control of another, so he was curious what her reaction to that would be.

"My mother was a pack wolf, so we stayed there until I was old enough to be without her." Truthfully he'd stayed a tiny bit longer, since he'd enjoyed his mother's company - he still wondered where she was now, and how she was doing. He grunted as he took another large leap and turned to eye her again. "What about you? Were you lucky enough to see the lands my father talks so fondly of?" Though he'd be a bit envious of her, he mostly felt curious - she hoped he could tell her everything, if that was the case.