ardent

[Uriel]THIS IS GOSPEL FOR THE VAGABONDS

Uriel

gems
size
build
player
10-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Was it guilt that kept her from looking at Samael now? She avoided his gaze, her ears folded back against her skull with a soft whine. “I could never fear you, brother…” Her words were so quiet she wasn’t entirely sure if he’d hear them. Blue-green eyes shifted back towards Samael’s face, shining with a mix of feelings. Worry, sadness, regret, guilt… even a touch of happiness. She was glad he was alive… for the thought of him gone… was that not even worse than the thought of his betrayal?

“I…” She stumbled over her words, staring at him for a long moment before tears began to prick her eyes. “I don’t want to have to choose between you and our Lord…” Uriel shifted on her paws, searching for the dove, but her sister had left her alone with Sam, to make whatever decision she would without influence.

“But…” She looked back at Samael again, giving a light growl at herself. “I… I don’t agree with this. If we’re a family… then there can be other ways to right a wrong… if there is a wrong…” Confusion mingled in her gaze now, as if she was uncertain that Samael had actually sinned or not. Was it merely a sin because their Father said so? Were they not expected to one day wed and take a mate? What made it so different? She gave another whine, shaking her head as she closed her eyes.

“I don’t understand… why brother? Why did you do this? Why is Father so mad?” Her body trembled. Maybe part of her was hurt too because it was other sisters that her brother had chosen to spend his time with… to have a family with them. Uriel didn’t meet his gaze again, feeling her heart clench in her chest. There was part of her that wanted to scream at him… and another part that just wanted to break down onto the ground and not get up again.