Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
11-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Aranea took her up on her offer and off the pair went. Without a word Kanja took the lead. She was happy to continue her trek around the lake. It was serene place; the kind of place that somehow managed to calm her restless spirit. This time of year the fireflies were out and about, giving one final hurrah before the cold set in. This was Kanja's first encounter with them and she found their displays mesmerizing. Right now, late as it was, the little bugs were everywhere. Every which way she looked their lights dotted the landscape. It would have been easy to drift off to sleep as she watched them.

"I haven't been to many places down there but..." Kanja blinked. For a moment she'd gotten lost in thought and while Aranea hadn't been completely forgotten, Kanja's thoughts had drifted away from the conversation. "The land bridge," she reminded herself. And what lay beyond. That's what they'd been talking about. "Good to know - I'll be sure to avoid them." She paused a beat then said,  "It sounds like a fascinating place. I'll have to go there someday. See what kind of trouble I can stir up."

The view briefly pulled Kanja's attention away from the conversation again as she stared out across the lake. The moon was bright tonight and its reflection shone off the water with enough luminescence  to give the firefly collective a run for their money. It really was a beautiful place.

After a while Aranea spoke up again and once again Kanja blinked and came to the realization that she'd been lost in thought. "I think," she said slowly, "I'm going to stay here and sleep out under the stars." Her gaze darted to Aranea. "But if you like, I can walk with you back to Abaven."

[Image: oa5f9x.png]
THIS FLOOF IS NOT NICE
EXPECT FOUL LANGUAGE AND GIGGLES AT YOUR EXPENSE AT THE VERY LEAST