Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
11-16-2017, 06:56 PM
The whole idea of living in a pack structure, stationary and with a rank system, was strange to him. It was hard to imagine claiming any land as as his own, let alone needing to report to another or follow their laws. In his world, only parents had that sort of power - and even that, children only followed their parents if they wished to, and parents never held their children back when they were ready to go off on their own.

His face lit up further, if such a thing was possible, at her confirmation to her inquiry.  "I'd love to travel with them someday," Kai admitted with a dreamy sort of sigh, glancing over her way.  "The wolves I've met here are nothing at all like father - nor like you." He hoped someday he might find kindred spirits, wolves that lived and breathed for the earth and for the thrill of adventures like this. "And following the herd is something I must do someday. I presume you've experienced that?" He eyed her, wondering if she'd have anything to say about that. Surely Kanja would know about the reindeer - he would be surprised if she didn't.

The thought of finding a group who felt similarly was appealing, but part of him doubted he ever would. Even the wolves that his father had spoken fondly of all still seemed tied to packs and obligations, something he could never be bothered with. "Visiting someday sounds like something else I must do," he agreed eagerly, panting hard now too and not bothering to conceal his exhaustion. The terrain was growing more predictable as they got closer to the top, and he was making a game of avoiding the loose sections of terrain, hopping across rubble with leaps that looked less graceful than he intended.