Zephyr I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
12-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Though the stranger hesitated, he did respond quite quickly - Zephyr wasn't sure he'd been anticipated his words and wondered if he'd caught the younger man off guard. Either way, he found his grin growing just a bit.  "I'm not sure much is more worthwhile than the warmth of a woman, but I'm glad you won't argue with me on that point," Zephyr chuckled, wishing his anxieties about Caelum's whereabouts would fade as easily as his demeanor had shifted.

His suggestion made him scowl, frowning slightly. Even envisioning his mate cuddled up to Inverno for warmth in the time they'd spent apart made him feel uncomfortable - the thought of another male having his way with her made him feel downright queasy. "Perhaps, though she isn't getting any younger herself," he shrugged, acting nonchalant about the whole thing. The truth was that he figured they'd never have more children - hell, the last time they'd tried they'd lost two, though he'd decided that it was worth it for the perfect girl they'd created together. But it wasn't something that'd be happening again, he was sure of that; but it didn't hurt to jest about it anyway.

His question earned a slow shrug.  "Ah, I'm not sure. My nap was disturbed by some young hooligans who were picking on a packmate outside my den - I think I saw someone aiming for his eyes?" He shrugged, as though it didn't matter much, and he almost found himself wishing he cared more about Inverno's fate; his careless demeanor wasn't all that feigned, truth be told. "Who the hell knows. Anyway, for some reason violence just really gets me going, but... my love is nowhere to be found, so here I am." Who knew if Malleus would even believe him. His story was only partially true, but there was truth in that he was running to someone rather than running from this pack takeover or whatever the hell was happening; he still had no idea.

"Talk" "You" Think