Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
12-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Kai isn’t able to figure out exactly what this stranger is thinking, or feeling - her initial reaction was irritated, and then surprised, and now.. well, he couldn’t place it. Not that he was trying terribly hard; he was no expert at reading others and didn’t pretend to see emotions where there were none. The not knowing didn’t bother him though, either, but he swore he saw interest in her stare and something akin to envy, which only fueled his antics. Much like his father, though he lacked the tusks that seemed to bring him so much attention in these lands, he enjoyed the attention of strangers, and found himself exhilarated by being in the spotlight much of the time.

”Jendayi!” The man exclaimed when she finally offered her name, beaming across the ice at her. His obvious glee only heightened when he caught sight of her heading toward him, taking another slow step on the ice and watching as her paw slipped. She steadied herself, instead of falling to the ground, and he found himself chuckling. His laughter was all good-natured, of course. There was no harm in faltering - it was better to try something new than not try at all, and she hadn’t even fallen yet, so in his mind she was doing terrific even if she didn’t feel quite so confident in herself.

Her question had him chuckling all over again, shaking his head a bit.  ”It’s all just practice, really,” he admitted, using his weight to jerk his head to the side and to rotate slightly on the ice, away from her, before twisting back around. His movements are alarmingly graceful for a beast of his size, moving like a well-oiled machine, his motions practiced and concise.  ”Though I suppose my bloodline might play a role, too. My ancestors all wolves who prefer the mountains. I’d bet that you’d kick my ass in a swimming contest, though.” The water had never honestly appealing to him, and he looked far less pretty swimming than he did ice-skating, he would bet anything on that.

He had a sudden idea, and half-slid half-padded closer to her and plopped down easily on the ice beside her. ”Here, try pushing yourself around me. Just lean in toward me a bit. If you do fall, landing on me should be softer than on ice, or at least soften the fall,” he explained cheerfully, peering up at her and wondering if she’d find his idea acceptable or not. At least it was a bit safer, if not a bit chilly for him - already he felt the cold seeping into his pelt, but he’d survive, and find somewhere dryer and warmer to seek shelter later and unthaw.