Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
12-29-2017, 09:06 PM

It was faint but in a moment Lydia caught the sweet scent of meadowsweet. Perfect! She started following her nose but froze when she felt like she was being watched. Cautiously she looked around her trying to pinpoint the source of the feeling. Part of her wanted to just shrug it off but the other voice in her head reminded her that had she followed her intuition back in the canyon she would not have been enslaved. Her eyes suddenly fell on a black shape in the snow that she quickly realized was another wolf, a young woman who seemed quite nervous. Oh, goodness, was Lydia frightening? The thought had never crossed her mind before. How odd to be on the other side of such an encounter. "Oh, hello there. I'm sorry, I didn't see you. This isn't your garden is it?"

Footsteps caught Lydia's attention. She turned and immediately gasped at the large, brightly colored woman striding toward her. Goodness! She never thought she'd see another pelt so elaborately decorated as Asharya's. She spoke in a heavy accent, clearly uncomfortable with the words of the common tongue.

"Oh, hello there. I'm Lydia. I'm just looking to gather some herbs, some meadowsweet to be exact. Who might you be?" The woman seemed interested in her makeshift satchel. "Oh, that is some white willow bark." She flushed a bit with embarrassment. Was she going to be able to get out a sentence that didn't start with 'oh'?

"Talk" "You" Think