Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
01-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Kai couldn't help but feel a sense of off victory as her expression began to slowly but steadily soften; stony exterior being slowly etched away like a boulder might be worn away by the wind. Only this change was happening in a matter of moments, rather than over tens or hundreds of years, thank goodness for that, since he wasn't sure he had quite so much time. At least it seems like she agrees with his words, or is pretending to agree - maybe just to be polite? though she doesn't exactly strike him as the type to do anything to be polite - but either way, it's good enough for him.

He doesn't make a big deal of things as she starts to move across the ice, cautiously but slowly growing a bit bolder with each slow step. Her expression faltered at his comment about swimming - shit, maybe she wasn't a fan? Ah well, he'd be happy to skip a swimming contest, if that was the case! After a moment though, she affirmed that she'd like to take him up on his offer, his own wide grin reappearing. "It's on, then!" He agreed exuberantly, deciding that if he found her again he'd hold her to that promise. "I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing me flopping around like a fish out of water, too," he added, furrowing his brow at the thought. Swimming wasn't the worst thing he could imagine doing, and he'd be happy to make a fool out of himself at Jendayi's expense. If he'd learned one thing so far in life, it was that he always enjoyed seeing others smile and laugh.. so long as he was laughing right along with them, of course.

She didn't seem completely opposed to his idea and he beamed up at her, almost proud at his suggestion. She seemed to want to dance across the ice as he had, but was worried about falling.. and this solved both problems! He lifts his head to follow her as she starts to move around him, shoulder pressing into his own as she starts her first circle. Her posture is growing more confident - not quite as unsteady as the first time he'd encouraged her to walk out on the ice. "I'm sorry for tossing snow at you, by the way. Earlier, I mean," Kai says finally. Earlier he had sort of implied that he'd felt bad, but he'd mostly been alarmed at her own reaction. Now, though? He liked her, and didn't want her to think he was all that terrible.