ardent

[gabe, uriel] Where we break hearts and step closer

Uriel

gems
size
build
player
01-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Uriel was trying her best to steady her breathing, listening to Samael and Gabriel as each spoke. There was both comfort and more pain in those words… words that hurt and twisted in her mind. Was this the real truth? Was this the path she was meant to take? The angelic women kept her eyes closed, focusing on her breathing as the two continued to speak… at least… until she heard another voice she knew. It was a voice that commanded her and Gabe to stop, to ignore Sam… and that voice brought a new wave of pain. Those words… those words… they were the true lies.

All at once Uriel rose, her eyes still full of tears as she turned a glaring gaze on her brother. “No. You stop.” Uriel growled for the first in her entire life, ears pinning back against her skull as she shifted herself in the path before Samael and Gabriel. She was shaking… a sign betraying her fear of what she was doing. She was standing up to her brother, standing up for what she believed the truth.

“Samael is no demon.” The words and anger twisted her face, her green eyes narrowing. “The reason Michael betrays the will of the Lord… Is because He himself must be no saint.” She was scared, her heart racing with what was coming out of her own mouth. She shook her head wildly, gaze away from Raphael. “...My brother would not sacrifice his own child. Michael is the liar.” Uriel shook even more now.

“...and Father… he’s…” She look up at Raph, the tears streaming down her face. “I think… I think our Father wanted to create purity… but he failed to see his own darkness… darkness that is in all of us. In every creature.” The realization made Uriel feel sick. She didn’t want to face this truth.  “...there are no demons and angels, Raph…” Uriel took a step towards him.

“...we are no different… than others… we all live, breathe, and die…” Uriel took a shaky breath. “I… I see it now… everything we’ve known… That was the real lie…” Her words were barely above a whisper now. Her eyes squeezed closed.

That... that was the real wrong all along.